Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Getting the helium

I went to my first social worker appointment. It is a bit nerve racking waiting to see what someone else thinks of how you are feeling. A few checklists and a lessen in brain chemistry (that I kind of remembered from college classes) later things we fine. I found out that hyped up OCD feelings I am having is a part of postpardom and is on the lesser side of the scale. Mike and I describe it as I never left the nesting phase of pregnancy.  And I still grumble every time I get up in the night with Casey, but it doesn't feel as hopeless.  I feel relieved that what I am feeling isn't abnormal and that there is help and I am correct in getting that help.

1 comment:

jandkland said...

Very good to know, Kaylee! Glad you've got someone helpful to talk to and assist you through these days, and glad that you and Mike are on the same page. I hope you continue to improve! Maybe we can keep in touch better now that you're on Facebook!

--Kelley