Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Valentines

Much like the last Valentines Van and Mike went off to Lowes on Saturday to create mommy a valentine. This year was a necklace hanger. I had already bought a purse for myself from the boys and Mike can home with planted tulips and a dust buster, which is sorely needed in this house. Van got some Toy Story candy and a Trio bulldozer. Mike got points on goozex.com for games.

We got up in the morning and Van and I made chocolate and banana pancakes. He was so happy that I let him help since most of the time I cook he can't. The rest of the day was playing and talking to Aunt Celia and Mimi on Skype, which means Van can talk to the TV and it talks back. Not sure he fully understands that Celia and Mimi are real people yet.

It snowed Friday about 2 inches. It took 2ish hours for it to fall and 2 hours for it all the melt. I did take the boys out while it was still snowing (Blizzard on the Bayou they called it) and Van made the snowmen he's been wanting to build, complete with carrot nose and threw some snowballs.


Casey is growing like a weed and finally figured out eating solids. Last week he started picking up puffs from his tray and feeding himself. Quite cute as he's not a huge fan of how they taste. Once he started feeding himself  he realized that opening his mouth was an easier way to get fed than having his mouth pried open by a spoon.

No comments: