
Many of you know but a few still don't, Mike and I were married 5 years ago today. Yes, we had the family ceremony 4 years ago on May 24th but got legally married before then. On that Saturday we stood outside our apartment in Warner Robins under a gazebo with the minister (Brother Otis) who would marry us later in front of family and friends and said the least amount you need to to be married so it would still be new later. It was quiet and calm with Brother Otis's wife being the witness and photographer (pictures went missing in the move) and 3 neighbor kids hiding in the bushes watching and giggling.
If you are asking why, well I didn't have health insurance through my job and decided that it was better to speed things up so if anything would come along it wouldn't be bad. And that got tested that Christmas when Mike developed a bleeding ulcer and I could make decisions about his care because I was his wife. I was very thankful that I did not have to stand by and only see him during visiting hours.
5 years, 2 kids, 2 houses later I believe we made the right decision. We had the lovely ceremony almost a year later (outside wedding in GA at the end of July just to keep the same date was not a good idea). We celebrated with friends and family. But I love my elopement with BBQ party thrown by Mike's work just as much.
I love you Mike.


2 comments:
Well I did not know that! Look at the two of us... all our important "adult life" dates are so close together! Our marriages and 2 kids each, and how cute is it that you have two boys and I have two girls? I know I am being a dork, but I am hormonal, so I am allowed right? :) Congrats on 5 years... don't know about you but mine flew by!
Holy cow! Yesterday (7/31) was my five year anniversary as well! Congratulations!
Post a Comment