For Mother's day Van got me a gift certificate to Brushfire, Mike knew I had been wanting to do a paint your own pottery project with Van but the closest store really did not fit into our schedule most days. Brushfire opened up minutes away in the Denham Historic District. I went thinking that Van would only paint a small section of whatever I picked and I would end up painting the rest. Boy was I wrong. I got in a few dots before Van armed with a sponge brush went to town. I have learned since this experience that I need to put down a light paint color layer first or end up doing what I had to do and go back and paint around Van's art work.
They also have a learn to paint night named Cocktails and Canvas. They pick a painting and with the aid of their knowledge and thankfully stencils you paint away. The stencils were the only way I could come close to making my Blue Dog by George Rodrigue. It was BYOD which I did not do because of Casey. He tried to put in his opinion on my design choices by kicking. It was a fun night. The next painting night is a week before Casey is due, bummer. With the amount of false labor Casey is giving me, he might come before then.



1 comment:
There's a store like this off Zebulon Rd. called Amphora. I was like you and thought Natalie wouldn't care much for it, but she went to town just like Van did! The resulting pieces are so precious to me. I'm glad you enjoy it! Thinking of you as Casey's arrival approaches!
--Kelley
Post a Comment